Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Battle of the blankies

I just want to start off here with a quick apology.

Mom, I am sorry you had to deal with me and the meltdowns that ensued due to washing my blankey that was so stinkey and gross and disgusting because it was never out of my sight or hands. Love, me

Linus has been having some very wet diapers during the night and is waking up soaked from head to toe in pee. It's easy peasy to change his jammies. It's easy peasy to change his sheets. But to wash his blankies is like pulling teeth.

He doesn't even hold them and walk around with them all day. But the second he gets wind that they might not be available to his whim, then that's when all hell breaks loose.

This morning, he was up at 6am and just having a tough time, so I went in to change his diaper and he decided that it was time to get up. I let him lay down with me and insisted on shoving his blanket in my face. Gag. They are going to be washed first thing!!

I snuck them away, he didn't see them. They were washed. Score 1 for mom!

I put them in the dryer. Just then, Linus walked in and saw them in the dryer.

I immediately was the meanest person in the world and he hated me. HATED ME!

Score 1 for Linus, I took them out of the dryer and let him have his wet blankies.

I was then the best person on the planet! Yay mom for saving the blankets!

Linus, with his blankie, and how he loves to sleep. Blankie has to be covering his face.

No comments: