Thursday, September 9, 2010

Really Guys?

Let me throw out the warning now. I'm tired. I am not sleeping well. I am having some health stress right now. I am one cranky lady. Sooo.... here's my rant so I can get it out of my brain. I just want it to stop circling and written down and hopefully get a little sleep tonight. It's a busy day tomorrow.

So, as much as I love the internet. And as much as I cherish the "adult" interactions I am getting from it, I do have to say that there are a few things about social networking that is really starting to bug me.
Bug me bad enough in fact that I have to get it off of my chest.

There are some people who really need to spend a little bit of time in a 3rd world country. They need to see what actual suffering is all about. They need to spend a little bit more time doing charity work for those in need.

I'm just seeing a lot of bitching and complaining about things the just really aren't that important.

Call me un-American. Call me liberal. Call me un-Christian. Whatever. I don't really care. I just don't really care about the Mosque that is being built. I understand the high emotions that are going on with Ground Zero and what-not, but it doesn't sound to me like the actual terrorists are asking to build their terrorism camp ON Ground Zero.

Really, is it that hard to let people worship the way they want? Is it such a bad thing to let people have their sacred worship places? I'm pretty sure that it isn't even AT Ground Zero. A block away? Why does anyone care?!?!?!

Let people burn the Quran as a protest. Let others burn the Bible in protest. Let's all just burn all the books we can find in protest.

I just think that burning books is from an era that has passed, it has shown us it doesn't really do anything, and just breeds hate.

Hello 1950's it's not so good to see you again.

In 10 years are we going to go back to burning bras?

I won't even get into President Obama. I support him fully. He is my President. He is the elected official. I will vote for the people in my actual state that can possibly do something about what affects me locally and sit back, hope Obama succeeds, and if he fails, so what, he won't get re-elected, some other jackass will be elected and depending on the political party, the same crap will go around about this next president.

I do agree things need to change in this country, but it is much too large a job for one man to do alone and there are way too many power hungry, rich, puffed up, ass hats running around measuring the length of whatever old men measure to actually think about the rest of the people in this country.

Am I ranting? maybe. Am I angry? maybe.

I'm sorry, ...actually I'm not sorry. This is my blog. Take it with a grain of salt. Know where I stand. How I feel about things.

I guess if you really hate it that bad, go to Africa for a while where there is actual political unrest. Where the people are killed for stating their hatred for their leader. Where everyone is starving. Where AIDS is running rampant.

Go to the Middle East where women are being stoned to death.

Go to Mexico where it is so dangerous right now.

Go ahead and continue expressing your beliefs, fears, what you think is right, what you think should happen, why you think this politician is wrong or right and why, why this religion is wrong or right and why, why people should be allowed to believe something that scares you because it's different. Please do. Because you can. WE HAVE THAT RIGHT TO! I am reading that people think we don't have freedom...

Ok.

I will continue to read the opinions of others. I will continue to read them. I will continue to thank my lucky starts that I get to agree, disagree, and agree to disagree.

Anyway, I will continue to fight the good fight in my own house to raise my children the best I know how. To teach them values and morals that I hope will give them the tools to make the right choices. I hope to teach my children that hate is wrong, ideology is great but can't be argued, and to remain true to themselves and what they believe. I will teach them to listen more than they speak. To be respectful of others and their beliefs, to learn what is different to quell the hate that comes from fear, to try to remember every day that they don't know your story. I mostly want to instill in them that your shoes are different. They don't know what roads you have traveled not only in your day but in your life. The anger I received today may be from a woman whose child is fighting for their life in the hospital. Or she just learned her mother died. Or she just learned that her husband got laid off and now they won't have a place to live or food to eat.

And people are upset over a building people want to go worship their deity in.

Whatever floats your boat I guess.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Walk immediately to the bathroom, pick up a bar of soap, stick it in your mouth. Burning books? Honestly! This action should only ever be taken to keep your children from freezing to death and the furniture goes first. But yeah, I get ya.