Monday, November 1, 2010

Rock out with your...oh...never mind.

I am 30. Wait, I take that back, I am not 30, I am 32. When my mom was that age I thought she was OLD!

I don't feel old. I don't really feel any different other than I feel a little more wise, I listen to my mom more, and my body hurts more and it takes more stretching to keep the stiffness away. Otherwise, I can't tell myself that I am 30. I can't tell myself that I am a mom. It kills me when I have to tell myself to be the adult.

I look at my siblings and they just don't seem like adults. Not that they aren't responsible or successful or whatever, it's just that my brother is a bearded, curly mustachioed, fixie riding, artist. My sisters are both makeup wearing, long haired or done haired, cute/in style clothes wearing ladies. They still have friends they get together with. They still go out and have a good time like motherhood hasn't grabbed them by the uterus and yanked them homebound never to leave again. And maybe that isn't really what seems to turn some women into something that when I see them, I think...you are a mom.

So, when I get a chance to go to a concert, I'll take it. Concerts are one of my favorite things and because it costs money, they get put on the back burner.  Sometimes it doesn't go so well... and sometimes it's the greatest day ever!

I was asked by a dear friend of mine to take his daughter. He was supposed to go and was asked to perform a wedding ceremony and so he figured that since Jared Leto is my #1 on my celebrity list, I'd like to go to Provo to the 30 Seconds to Mars, Neon Trees, and some Dutch band (I forgot their name).

Hanging out with R and her bf C was pretty dang fun. I did get hit on by one 18 year old (hardee har har). Funnier when he told C that I was "hot for a 30 year old". That just made me thing... at what point is something not "hot"? Mr. Leto is nearing up on 40. Seriously. The big 4-0. And he is HOT. I don't say, "Man, he's hot for a 40 year old." I did get asked about the tattoo on my shoulder and was later told that was me getting hit on. That would also be me being oblivious cause I always have been. *disclaimer- not that it matters cause I AM married, but it is nice for the girl ego of mine.*

It was a lot of fun to go kind of crazy with kids 10 or more my junior and enjoy their company so much. I hope they enjoyed mine as well, I think I did overhear that they did, indeed, enjoy my company.

So, my favorite part of the show... Mr. Leto can walk on the crowd and sing at the same time. It's amazing. A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. And he talks to the crowd and really plays to the crowd very well. He's very charismatic to a large crowd.

I have been to quite a  few concerts and there are a few performers that are great to large crowds and there are a few that are great to a small crowd. Prince- Great Great Great to a large crowd. Norah Jones- not so much. It was bad enough that I had to leave, but I can imagine she'd be amazing at a small venue. Nickle Creek- Amazing at a small venue. Lyle Lovett- I think he'd be pretty great at both venues. Metallica- Ridiculous at a small venue.

So, here are a few pics from our evening of beauty.

Casey Sandwich. With Rowan and Amanda bread.





DUDE!! He's walking on the crowd and singing! (I know, I know not the best picture)



Before the show, a little Jared bum while he was pumping up the tire to his bike. 

No comments: