Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Gone fishing

My kids are killing me these days.

Linus is coming up with funnier and funnier things that are coming out of his mouth. This is my favorite part of toddler-hood. Them learning to say things.

And Bea, well, Bea is just Bea. She is just funny.

She's the little girl while at the doctor's office that wants to play with the doctor's skirt and runs around and finally runs into the full length windows they have, bounces off, and sits and giggles with her Buddha belly jiggling.

We had two different doctor visits in two different cities and the second one has a little tiny playground inside for the kids.

Linus at this age, walked in, was a little uncomfortable and wouldn't really climb on stuff and didn't want to play with the other kids.

Bea heads right in, climbs up the stairs, heads for the slide and goes down head first, eyes closed, squealing the whole time. She is fearless.

She hugged every parent there, she hugged every kid there, she wanted to play with and touch and hug and kiss and steal all of the food from every kid there and they all looked at her like this. o.O She even managed to plant an open mouth, tongue out kiss on a parent there who was bent down reassuring their own kid. I couldn't get there fast enough to stop the slobber-fest.

The both were pretty great considering we got to the first doctor at 1pm and didn't leave the second doctor until 5. I wasn't very prepared to be gone that long, so we stopped at Wendy's and I got Linus a kid's meal. He usually just east a cheeseburger from McDonald's and I had no idea that Wendy's made their kid's burgers a little different.

He ate a little bit, he asked for his toy (which was a picnic basket fishing pole from the movie Yogi Bear), and then I heard "I got it! I got it!"

I turned around to see this...

Yup, that's his hamburger attached to the fishing hook.

And that's him swinging it back and forth.

I managed not to kill myself snorting my soda out my nose when I saw that.

So then, the final story of the day...

We finally got Linus a booster seat, Bea is finally sitting in a forward facing kid chair. I am finally not carrying her 25 pound body around in a baby car carrier. Yeah, you should see my shoulders. I look in the mirror and think that I really should cut out the shoulder pads from my shirt and realize it is, in fact, my enormous shoulder muscles. LOL

So, Bea loves looking at everything, she laughs and laughs, but won't sleep. She gets cranky and because she is so tall, the pediatrician recommended we keep her rear facing till she's two.

Linus, on the other hand... well, I know for a fact that my friend Hollie knows all too well about this kind of kid. :) He was talking, talking, talking and then he sounded different. I looked back and he had unbuckled himself and was sitting in the middle of the two carseats facing back trying to get the lint cleaner out of the back window. As we were driving down I-15. I wanted to kill him before the traffic did.

I had to pull over and rebuckle him and keep reminding him that he IS NOT. UNDER ANY UNCERTAIN TERMS ALLOWED TO UNBUCKLE HIMSELF. I did manage to keep the shrieking to a minimum, but from the pouting that ensued, I am sure the point got across. Thank heavens for child lock doors.

I can tell, there are some good times ahead with these two. :D

1 comment:

Hollie Wood said...

Yes! Your friend knows ALL too well. *heavy sigh* ;)