Monday, January 11, 2010

Holidays Part 1






I didn't want to throw out a GIANT and looooooooooooong post, so I decided to break this up into 2 or maybe more posts.... depending on how much I remember and how much I type.

The holidays started off with the arrival of my brother TJ. My unruly bearded brother drove many, many miles in his minivan from Tennessee to Utah.

He and Matt had a great time working on one of our many projects that we have going on in the house. He helped Matt string wire from the wall in the kitchen to the ceiling above the bar to hang a lighted pot holder.

Matt had been wanting one forever and he found one at Home Depot or Lowe's for a very great price. So, he grabbed it and I am so glad he did. I didn't realize how much we needed the light.

TJ and Linus had a chance to bond a little bit. While I was busy with something one day, they sat and ate Fire Cheetos. If you look close you can see that Linus looks like he's wearing lipstick and suprisingly enough, he loved those things.

The one on the right is how Linus hugs. He hugs with his head and if you aren't lucky, he'll head-butt you right in the nose. It sure is cute though. I just like how I got them both tilting their head like that.



We were still in the process of tearing down the wall in the hallway to create a larger room to use as a family room. Matt was hoping to bust it out and get the thing finished and ready to occupy by New Year's Eve, but it didn't happen, but I did get some cute pics of Linus trying to be just like Daddy.

He would do his very best to use the hammer end to break up the wood into splinters and to pull the nails out. He would try to lift up the sledgehammer but that just wasn't going to happen. I'm glad he didn't drop it on himself. And speaking of the sledgehammer, Matt was knocking the wall down and managed to wedge a piece of something into his thumb. We couldn't see it, but could see the indentation that it caused. It was there for weeks and his thumb was killing him and started to ooze pus. I tried to talk him into going to the doctor to remove it but he wouldn't hear any of that. During the holidays, he worked it out and that sucker was not only the diameter of a toothpick, it was an inch long!! It even made me queasy when he started to pull it out and it kept coming and coming and coming and coming and well, you get the picture.


We actually decorated a little this year... As I wrote above, we were still working on the living room, so we didn't have enough room for a tree and I really didn't want to deal with a tiny one, so at my request, Matt put up some garland and lights. He even went so far as to buy a wreath with a Santa on it to put on the front door and he put up icicle lights and garland lights outside. AND he bought a poinsettia. How's that for getting into the freaking spirit huh? Next year though, we will have a tree and will only have ornaments on the top half because I won't want to fight with the two little ones with taking them off.


I wanted to end this post with a few pics of the babies and the puppies. Just because I like them.


Bea loves to look at Moxie and this giant dog is so gentle with her. She is so careful to not put her paws on her or her head. (She will lick, but what dog can resist the milk flavored baby?) And Bea sleeps like she is Superman flying. That is a standard pose for her. One arm up and one arm down... although the downside of that is that she loves to play with her hair and tends to pull it and get it tangled around her fingers.



Linus loves to play with Grandpa and Grandpa lets Linus play with his phone. It's a match made in heaven. I also really liked the picture of Linus on the right. I just think he's cute.





I had to post TJ's goofy face. That's how most of his pictures turn out for some reason LOL. This pic of Matt and Bea killed me!! Matt came home from work and took Bea for a minute and they both fell asleep like that. I just had to capture it.



Two more pictures of our Great Disaster.

No comments: