Friday, September 4, 2009

Good times and the bad

I've lost the cord to my camera to plug it in to power up and it doesn't take regular batteries, so I don't know how long I'll be without pictures. (Maybe I can talk Matt into buying me a push present and having it be a camera. hmmm)

I am lately really wishing I was living in a reality tv house so I could have a 3rd person to take pictures of some family times.

Mornings are actually turning into a very cherished time for me with my family. I have been getting up around 5am for pregnancy potty break and Linus then wakes up around 6am for his diaper change and some milk. He'll hang out in his crib until close to 745 when Matt's alarm goes off. Almost every morning, Matt turns on his iphone music, gets Linus out of bed, changes him, then hangs out with him while getting ready for the day. They dance in the bathroom together, usually to something I wouldn't imagine my kid enjoying... Lady Gaga, Pantera, Daft Punk. Matt chases him around the bedroom a little. Linus comes up to me while I'm laying half dazed to give me a slimey, open mouthed kiss and then goes back to playing with Dad. He's started to get very upset when Dad has to leave for work. My favorite though, was the day he gave me my first "real" baby kiss while Matt was holding him. Matt handed him off to me and he had a very confused look on his face. I guess he thought I was going to work that day and he was sending me off.

At the end of the day when Dad gets home, they play together. We cuddle on the bed together, play chase, I usually lay down for a second finally and watch them. The other day, we got the peacock feathers out and tickled each other with them. Of course, Mom and Dad's feathers were better so we had to keep trading off and then Linus would break them.

I love to see how much Linus loves his dad. Me? Not so much. I am the person he sees all day everyday who has had to start discipline. I think we get pretty bored of each other.

We have started to watch Sesame Street together and I love watching him watch it. He is SO enthralled with it. He grins and laughs and as soon as the music starts he starts dancing and clapping.

Recently, he has started to throw temper tantrums. He's been having quite a few meltdowns. It's very interesting to see how he has a little bit of his dad's laidback quality and my stubborn streak. It's been frustrating for me because he isn't talking and he isn't quite old enough to understand when I try to reason with him. It usually involves him trying to plug something in, playing with one of our phones, playing with the ipod, or anything else he really shouldn't be playing with. I try to let him explore, but it's difficult when he ends up dialing 911 or drools so much that the electronics go on the fritz. The best thing though, is he has lately been taking my phone and he'll scamper off to a corner behind a chair or he'll hide behind something so he can play and not have it taken away. Little Stinker! He has even started trying to hide my phone behind his back while walking away so I can't see it. Is this normal for a one year old?

As soon as I get my camera I'll post some pics of my baby getting bigger and some pics of the other baby getting bigger. Crazy days.

Oh, I almost forgot, the bad. I do have a picture of one of these, but I don't think anyone really wants to see it so I'll let you use your imagination on these. My disclaimer... this is about bodily functions like poo and vomit. I CAN NOT believe how much poop comes out of a kid! I don't think he even eats that much!!

One day last week, Matt left for the evening with a few of his friends to take the cement mixer (that hasn't really ever run, has been sitting in my backyard for almost a year, and has been collecting huge spiders) back to the guy who owns it in Ogden. I am not sure why it occurred to me that he'd be back home at a reasonable time, it's not like they don't sit and chitchat for hours upon hours at a time (visualize the eyeroll). Anyway, I decide to give Linus his bath. My bathtub is raised up with 5 inch tiles around the front so it's not like a skinny bathtub rim. It also stands about 2 feet tall and it's a BIG jetted tub. Keep this in mind and also keep in mind that it has gotten to the point that it takes an act of God just to be able for me to bend over to take the plastic plug out to drain it without getting in. Ok scenario set. I'm playing with Linus and he started to zone out. I figured it was because he was tired... ya right. He blinked and looked down and managed to grab a small yellowish green object that floated to the top of the water and put it in his mouth. AAAAAAHHHH! STOP! I realized he had just pooped in the tub and it wasn't very solid pellet like. So, I grabbed a glass nearby to scoop what I could out, pulled the plug out of the tub, and then threw up. There is something completely different about poop in water than poop in a diaper. I couldn't take Linus out of the tub because he was covered in feces, I didn't want it all over my bathroom, I tried to keep him from eating it, while still throwing up. He got in the tub about 8pm and I know this because I have been having very strong Braxton Hicks and the doc wants me to time them. In the hour between 8pm and 9pm I was dealing with this and have a contraction once every 10 minutes. Sigh. It's not like it's labor contractions, but they are strong and very hard and I feel like my gut is about to explode. So, Linus started to freak out about the tub water running (?) I don't know why and I decided to put him in the shower with me. He is getting too big to hold in the shower and I am getting to fat to hold him against me, so I figured I'd let him stand up while I soaped him off. My shower is too small and I am, again, too big to bend over to soap him off so I decided to sit down in the bottom of the shower. Guess who couldn't get up off the floor of the shower? Ya, you guessed it, me. That's who. So, we sat in the shower for 20+ minutes playing and in my convoluted mind, Matt should be home any minute, he's been gone for 3 hours, it's just to Ogden. Any. Minute. But no, it didn't happen. I finally managed to roll myself out of the shower and got Linus to bed. Deep Breath. I called Matt asking if he'd pick up milk on the way home and managed to refrain from sobbing at him that he IS NOT under any uncertain terms allowed out of the house in the evenings ever again until Little B gets here. I ended up just crying and then went to bed. He at least was sympathetic. A little.

Last Wednesday, Matt worked late, so I decided... I'll attempt to give Linus a bath. No way we could have that same night happen again. I was right. It was easy, breezy, and he went right to bed. I finally got in the tub for my evening bath to help relax my back. The water was going and I started to take my vitamins. The fish oil went down with no problem. The multivitamin...uh oh... it got stuck in my throat and the coke I was drinking started to super foam up. Next thing I know, I'm starting to throw up... GET UP... Run to the toilet... don't slip on the tile...Oh, what a mess! It ended up becoming a stomach evacuation extravaganza. Anyone reading this ever been 8 months pregnant and have violent vomiting? There is something to be said for having to use your super stretched core muscles and round ligament pain starts and it's still coming. I took a shower to wash off and immediately went to bed. That takes a lot out of someone. The next day, I was putting my makeup on and noticed the awesome purple spots where I'd broken some capillaries. I might go back to the Flinstones vitamins.

Thursday, do I dare bath time again?? Yes, he needs to be bathed. All went well and I was thankful he waited until I had drained the tub before gracing me with his new tub trademark. Then, Friday, I took a shower and he enjoys showers so much, I figured he could hang out on the floor. Maybe it's the water that stimulates his colon. I don't know, but I have never dealt with so much poop in my life. Matt just laughs. At least he's supportive of me and doesn't laugh at me to my face when I cry. =) I'm so excited to do this again =/ At least I won't be pregnant this next toddler go-round.

No comments: